On 2017-05-31 12:34 PM, haaber wrote:
> Thank you very much Reg! That solves miraculously the problem. I was
> playing with -E instead and it did not help me. At least I learned some
> minimal experience with  paxctl that way :))   Bernhard

Lower case letters disable the specific protection and upper case
letters enable them. So the 'm' disabled memory protections, and the 'E'
would have enabled the emulation of trampolines.

You can learn what all the options are by looking at paxctl's man page:

man paxctl

and if grsec is killing processes you actually want to run, you can look
at the logs, see what protection is being triggered, and can use
paxctl/paxctld to disable it just for that executable or library.