On 06/04/2017 04:04 PM, sean wrote:
Hello All, I have installed Qubes 3.2 without any problems on my
AlienWare 14's laptop. I have no problem having wired connection to
Internet but when I click on the top, on the Network Manager I do not
see a Wi-Fi adapter listed. When I go to the "untrusted"- machine
e.g. and start the terminal there: - the sudo yum install
linux-firmware  is saying is already installed - when I go
to"devices"- tab in the settings of "untrusted" I see  -  0a:00.0
Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless
Network Adapter (rev 03), but when I select it and start the VM, the
error I am having is -  "Requested operation is not valid. PCI device
0000:0a:00.0 is in use by driver xenlight, domain sys-net"
(previously I have installed Ubuntu on this laptop and I have no
problem to use the Wi-Fi when I have installed the "proprietary"-
drivers.) Please, give a hand with this issue Thank you and Best
Regards, Sean

One suggestion is to upgrade to the latest 4.9 kernel from testing:

$ sudo qubes-dom0-update kernel-qubes-vm --enablerepo=qubes*testing

If you search 'broadcom' on the HCL, you'll see that some people replaced their broadcom cards to get wireless working:

https://www.qubes-os.org/hcl/

Here is a person who had success with a BCM4360:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/qubes-users/VVwWqvz5dX4/Xbum_4MaCgAJ

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett