> On Jun 10, 2017, at 2:39 AM, Vít Šesták
> <groups-no-private-mail--contact-me-at--contact.v6ak....@v6ak.com> wrote:
>
> Good to hear it helps. Fronm “without being able to actually boot into
> Qubes?”, I wrongly assumed you are unable to switch to a different tty.

This was actually a correct assumption, due to my ignorance :-) I did not know
the "trick" of stopping boot and getting a login prompt with Ctrl-Alt-Whatever
until after I was researching your response on the web and I stumbled on
something on StackOverflow. So all the confusion is my fault. Thanks again.