On Sunday, 18 June 2017 14:54:03 UTC+8, Vít Šesták  wrote:
> BTW, I remember having such issue (including real CPU load), but that time,
> avahi-daemon was to blame, related to VPN. But it was shown in htop. Disabling
> avahi-daemon has helped.
>
> On recreating VMs (or VM templates): It might help if the load is shown in
> Qubes Manager. If the load is not shown in Qubes Manager, I'd guess it is a
> Xen-related or dom0-related issue.

I have tried to recreate the circumstances under which this happened, but I
haven't been able to.

The fact that none of the diagnostics tools I ran, both on dom0 and the VM
other than xentop was showing anything suggests to me that it's definitely
Xen-related as you said.

If it happens again, is there something I can do to collect more information in
order to figure out what is happening? Some tools I forgot to run, or some logs
I never looked at?