On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 04:51:28AM -0700, jakis2...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm not getting anything properly up. I've seen the errors on here
> that some people have and never a solution really. I've also seen the
> errors talked about in other places but no solution works on qubes
>
> As of now I can login and just get the small space at the bottom visible.
>
> On windows running virtual box there is no problems whatsoever

Hi!

There is no real reason to run Kali as a HVM machine if you only want
the tools that comes with it. You can use a basic Debian template, add
the Kali repos and install all available packages using the katoolin[0]
utility.

As suggested in an earlier thread about running Kali in Qubes OS:

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 07:37:17PM +0200, Noor Christensen wrote:
> I guess an alternative would be to use the katoolin[0] utility to
> install the Kali packages in an existing Debian template. There are
> several articles on how to do this on the net, but here's one of
> them[1].
>
> Basically, it adds the Kali APT repositories + GPG key and provides a
> simple menu for selecting packages for install using the same categories
> as Kali. I think it also includes a script to create the same
> application menu structure as the default Kali install.
>
> Seems to work fine, been using Kali like this since I switched over to
> an Qubes based environment.
>
> [0]  https://github.com/LionSec/katoolin
> [1]
> https://www.tecmint.com/install-kali-linux-tools-using-katoolin-on-ubuntu-debian/

If you need any help, just ask - this workflow works fine in my case.

-- noor

|_|O|_|
|_|_|O|  Noor Christensen