On 06/25/2017 03:27 AM, mitch.g...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

I'm a little stuck doing an HCL report and submitting a how-to wiki. Could you
please help me collect some mailing-list experiences and debug info?

I'm stuck in a loop on 3 issues -- any tips to make things simpler?

1. I get the "nmi watchdog soft lockup" error every three boots or so -- I
think this issue screws up other things like attaching a USB device, as well.

I've tried the Xen configs in the UEFI Troubleshooting wiki, but I can't tell
any change in behavior.

Sometimes Plymouth hangs the boot, sometimes unlocking the drive hangs it ...

Could you please help me collect debug info at this level? With a little
refresher, I could capture boot logs onto a USB.

2. Wifi is not working for me. What info would be useful here? I'm not sure
what commands to run.

3. I've had trouble finding a USB ethernet dongle that works out of the box. My
StarTech dongle needs the asix.ko driver ... Fedora ships this, but loading
modules into Qubes seems like a pain.

My 3 leads seem really hard, like I'm doing something wrong. Am I even close?

Would appreciate your help a lot,
Mitch

Hi Mitch,

If you are not yet to the point of submitting an HCL report (from the qubes-hcl-report script), it would be best to repost your issues to qubes-users separately without the 'HCL' subject. This will get more attention from the other users.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett