Hello Salmiakki,

On 07/15/2017 10:45 PM, Salmiakki wrote:
Has anybody managed to set up a proxy or mirror of sorts in the net-vm or
firewall-vm or something similar to avoid downloading all the packages several
times for updating all the templates?

My connection is a bit slow and also data limited so it would be great to save
those repeated downloads.

Yes, I have setup a local CentOS Repository Server which is holding all packages for other VMs in this datacenter.
The repository is synchronized with an upstream repository via rsync.
All packages are located on a NFS share which is connected to the other VMs.
Basically the same could be done in Qubes.
If you are interested drop me an email and I send you the Howto I've written for CentOSm which would also work for Fedora.

But this would require that the AppVMs see the repository-Server and AFAIK there shouldn't be inter-VM-trafiic.

- PhR