On 07/19/2017 12:17 PM, cooloutac wrote:

secure boot isn't supported on qubes unfortunately. Hacking teams insyde bios
exploit could be used remotely according to experts, so secure boot would
actually defend against something like that remotely as well.  I hope people
get over the anti microsoft and redhat notions about it.  Richard Stallman
gives it the ok in its current state, so why spite.

 And ya AEM seems complicated to setup so unless you travel alot and are
worried about evil maids or someone breaking into your computer, a  usbvm is
probably more practical.

So, you do use both an Admin and User pw , but not secure boot for your Qubes machine?

no evil maids here, but I guess there is/was talk of remote exploits and or USB drives of possible uncertain cleanliness, that might also be protected by AEM ?

in my case, last time the USBVM thing , or my attempted implementation, rather, nearly cause a meltdown, but since I've the PS2 adapter, personaly, I'm also avoiding the USBVM ..... I suppose overall, I'm still safer than running Windows 10 :) aren't I ...
or other Ubuntu  distros....