I've been using Qubes 3.2 for about 6 months.  I installed it with all the
default settings.  The template used for sys-net and sys-firewall is the
standard fedora-23.  I've attempted to update it to fedora-24 and now
fedora-25, however each time I change the Template in the vm settings from
fedora-23 to fedora-24 or -25, the network fails.

By fails I mean, only from sys-net can I access the internet with a simple
ping.  sys-firewall fails to communicate with sys-net.  All the other templates
and user vm's also fail to access the internet.

When I revert sys-net back to fedora-23 but leave sys-firewall at either
fedora-24 or fedora-25, the sys-firewall can then begin to ping the internet,
but everything behind the sys-firewall cannot.

When I revert sys-firewall back to fedora-23 (sys-net still at fedora-23), then
all works again.  I am able to update the template for all my other vm's to
fedora-24 or 25 and they will work as long as the sys-firewall and sys-net are
left at fedora-23.  But if either sys-firewall or sys-net are using any
template other than fedora-23, the network traffic fails somewhere along the
route.

I have noticed that when fedora-23 template is being used, the network setup in
sys-net is different than when fedora-24 or 25 templates are being used. It
looks like the vif is not being defined.

sys-net with fedora-23 template:
enp0s0: inet 192.168.0.60 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255
lo:  inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0
vif6.0: inet 10.137.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.255 broadcast 0.0.0.0

sys-net with fedora-25 template:
enp0s0: inet 192.168.0.59 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255
lo:  inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0
vif12.0: no inet, netmask, or broadcast defined

The only changes I've made is to install the fedora-25 template from the repo
and change the template in the sys-net and sys-firewall vm.

Did I miss a step in the update process to migrate from one fedora template to
another?

Any thoughts are appreciated.