On 08/02/2017 01:51 PM, Patrick Bouldin wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to use app vms to test an app called splunk..

Anyway, am I thinking about this correctly? This is what I did:

* I created a special template vm called - splunk-template

* I then downloaded the rpm package to that template's tmp folder

* I verified it was there.

* I then restarted the template.

* Then I created an appVM pointed to the splunk-template

I then looked in the /tmp folder and it wasn't there by name, here was the
contents of that folder:

firefox_user  qubes-session-env  qubes-session-waiter  ssh-fnBwiL4QxbUY
systemd-private-1789b20d2d894850aa8d42bf8e0075f7-rtkit-daemon.service-d4xIHy

I thought I would be able to install it from the appVM at that point, is this
some kind of security thing?

Am I even thinking about the process correctly? Because I want to be able to
install it in different appVMs as part of my learning process.

Thanks.
Patrick

The /tmp folder would not hold onto files after a shutdown. You could put the rpm in a folder like /opt, or you could install it into the template with 'rpm -i'.

Or it may be simpler not to use a special template at all and put the rpm in the /rw folder of the appVM.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett