On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 1:06:27 PM UTC-4, miguel wrote:
> Did you manage to find a solution? I have the same exact problem. USBVM sees
> usb fine and pass it to AppVM without a problem but the yubikey simply doesnt
> do anything inside the Appvm even the yubico personalization tool does not
> detect a yubikey connected even though qvm-usb shows that the Yubikey is
> properly connected and lsusb inside the VM also shows Yubico connected.

Hi,

I have a Yubikey 4, and I have no problems using the Yubikey with appVMs on a
fresh install of Qubes R3.2, no extra configuration required.

I use the following script to attach it to specific VMs, and then it works
perfectly with Google Chrome:

#!/bin/bash
# Usage: yubi <vm-name>

USB_DEVICE="$(qvm-usb | grep Yubikey | cut -f1)"

# If no device, just exit
if [ -z "$USB_DEVICE" ]; then
        echo "No device attached"
        exit
fi

# If no argument, then just detach.
if [ $# -eq 0 ]; then
        echo "No argument, detaching device"
        qvm-usb -d "$USB_DEVICE"
        exit
fi

# If we have an argument, detach first as a precaution.
qvm-usb | grep "$USB_DEVICE" | grep -q "(attached to"
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
        echo "Device already attached, detaching first"
        qvm-usb -d "$USB_DEVICE"
        sleep 1
fi

echo "Attaching device to $1"