On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Unman <un...@thirdeyesecurity.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 03:32:54AM -0400, Jean-Philippe Ouellet wrote:
>> Unman is correct.
>>
>> Additionally, mandb index generation may be of lesser quality because
>> our man pages are not actual man pages, but rather lifted from
>> reStructuredText via pandoc, which generate raw *roff formatting
>> macros rather than semantic mdoc (or even man(7)) ones. This is
>> because reStructuredText inherently lacks such semantics, and pandoc
>> does not attempt to heuristically assign any.
>>
>> Example:
>>     NAME
>>     ====
>>     qvm-block - list/set VM PCI devices.
>>
>> Turns into:
>>     .TH "qvm\-block" "" "" "" ""
>>     .SH NAME
>>     .PP
>>     qvm\-block \- list/set VM PCI devices.
>>
>> Instead of:
>>     .Sh NAME
>>     .Nm qvm-block
>>     .Nd list/set VM PCI devices
>
> Although, of course, apropos seems to work perfectly with that utility as
> well.
Then this looks like I've missed some required steps in configuring my
Qubes 3.2 system.
I've got that apropos just after clean install. I've changed laptop a
month ago and have the
same missing apropos db.. Guess I've to upgrade something.
What steps are required to get this working by default?
Yes I can start man-db --no-purge , but why this is omitted by default?
BTW: qmemman - nothing in apropos even after man-db --no-purge .

--
Bye.Olli.
gpg --search-keys grey_olli , use key w/ fingerprint below: