Hello Chris

On 08/21/2017 06:28 PM, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 08/20/2017 05:38 PM, 'PhR' via qubes-users wrote:
Unfortunately the App-VM which uses the VPN Proxy VM can't connect.
The Setup:
sys-net <-- sys-firewall <-- my-vpn (Proxy VM) <-- my-work (App VM)
(...)

You could ping a known IP address from the appVM. If it works the problem is likely limited to DNS.

Pinging a VPN-Adress from within my Proxy VPN (work-vpn) after connecting via anyConnect VPN works.
But pinging from my work-AppVM doesn't work.

In the proxyVM, check the contents of /etc/resolv.conf after your Cisco client connects. If its updated (not a 10.137.x.x number) you can run /usr/lib/qubes/qubes-setup-dnat-to-ns to enable DNS forwarding over the VPN.

Ihave checked /etc/resolv.conf:

[user@my-work-vpn ~]$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
domain intern.MYCOMPANY.de
nameserver 192.168.1.6
nameserver 192.168.1.11
nameserver 10.137.2.1
nameserver 10.137.2.254
search intern.MYCOMPANY.de

Another setting to check is /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward which should contain a value of '1'. Also, the iptables 'POSTROUTING' chain should have a masquerade target:

$ cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

It is enabled (content: 1)

$ sudo iptables -L -t nat

[user@my-work-vpn ~]$ sudo iptables -L -t nat
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
PR-QBS     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
PR-QBS-SERVICES  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
MASQUERADE  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain PR-QBS (1 references)
DNAT udp -- anywhere 10.137.5.1 udp dpt:domain to:10.137.2.1 DNAT tcp -- anywhere 10.137.5.1 tcp dpt:domain to:10.137.2.1 DNAT udp -- anywhere 10.137.5.254 udp dpt:domain to:10.137.2.254 DNAT tcp -- anywhere 10.137.5.254 tcp dpt:domain to:10.137.2.254

Chain PR-QBS-SERVICES (1 references)

Do I need to tweak any other rules or setting in the ProxyVM or AppVM?
As the ProxyVM can perfectly connect to corporate servers, VPN is working.

If I switch the Net-VM in my work AppVM to the normal sys-firewall I can connect to the internet. As such it seems that both proxyVM and AppVM seem to work normaly but not if I put everything together.

Any more ideas?

- PhR