On 08/22/2017 02:15 PM, jespernexojorgen...@gmail.com wrote:
> I think that most people would test Qubes OS (or any other new OS) in
> a VM before wiping a physical machine - and a lot of people probably
> dont even own spare physical machines, these days...so making it work
> within another hypervisor would make good sense. The docs does say
> that it is unsupported, but usually that doesnt mean "completely
> unusable" ;)
It makes no sense in trying to make Xen work as a vm guest; Xen people
themselves said that they are not going to support that (sorry but I
don't have a link to that discussion at hand), and Qubes recently
(couple years at least) added the ability to be tested as a live distro
without touching the working OS installed.

Even if you manage to start anaconda/X, you'll probably encounter many
problems with Xen.

And yes, usually when you see "unsupported" it means "barely exists",
and it not only applies to Qubes but a lot of other things too - not
just software!

> Perhaps just a meaningful error message would help people figure out
> why the installer seems to crash and/or behave like some buggy app. A
> project manager that disguises bugs like this as a low-prio feature
> req..well..hmm.. ;)
Since it's actually not a bug in qubes the ticket could be just closed,
the text setup disabled, and that would be all. But not to lose the
detailed info about the issue, I think a nice thing to do to the users
that had experienced the problem would be reopening the issue as a
feature request. But I'm usually told that I'm too nice of a project
manager towards user requests.

Have a nice test (please consider the live cd / usb instead of virtual
machines!)

--
Alex