Same thing is happening to me since the last Dom0 update. My ultrawide 29" LG
external screen stopped working at the native 2560x1080 resolution and instead
is working at 1920x1080.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T430s. I was using nouveau driver but the same thing
is happening with the integrated Intel graphic card.

Fortunately I had a full backup from August 9 so, reinstalling Qubes 3.2 and
restoring Dom0 and all the VM the problem is, temporarily, fixed and I have
back 2560x1080 resolution.

But the most maddening thing is that I tried several different distro (Linux
Mint 18.2, MX 16.0, Manjaro) and I have the same problem. Only 1920x1080px. In
the previous 1.5 years I had no problem of resolution with Qubes 3.2 and Linux
Mint 18.1.

Tried cvt and xrandr --newmode and --addmode to no avail so far (no effect on
Qubes, screen blanked on Linux Mint).

Again, any idea?

Thanks