On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 8:22:29 AM UTC+2, peter.p...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 4:36:56 AM UTC+2, Drew White wrote:
> > Have you tried the Startup Wizard Fix under Windows 7 boot?
> >
> > On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 21:17:41 UTC+10, peter.p...@gmail.com  wrote:
> > > I try to use an existing win7 qemu qcow2 image with qubes os R3.2
> > >
> > > The image does not boot. I tried various xml settings for the drive image
> > > inspired by
> > >
> > > https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/After_import_a_guest_from_an_existing_disk_image_using_virt-install,_the_guest_starting_stalls_with_%22No_boot_device%22
> > >
> > > but no success. Converting to raw is not an option.
> > >
> > > What can I do?
> > > Thanks,
> > > Peter.
>
> If this is using 'cirrus' instead of 'xen' as video device in the config
> file, then yes.
> Or is this wizard something else that i am not aware of?

I tried playing around with the disk definition of root.img (which is my qcow2
image) in the config file:

<driver name='phy' type='qcow2'/>
gives "libxenlight does not support disk format qcow2 with disk driver phy"

<driver name='qdisk' type='qcow2'/>
gives "libxenlight does not support disk driver qdisk"

<driver name='qemu' type='qcow2'/>
gives "libxenlight failed to create new domain 'win7'"
also changing the target dev from xvda to hda like in
https://github.com/libvirt/libvirt-php/blob/master/tests/data/example-qcow2-disk.xml
does not help.

a plain
<driver name='qemu'/>
boots my win7 installation iso, but the 'repair' function does not detect the
root.img drive...

Is there any way to use qcow2 images in qubes-os?