-------- Original Message --------

> Subject: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes 4.0 on Tuxedo BU1406
> Local Time: September 13, 2017 11:53 PM
> UTC Time: September 13, 2017 9:53 PM
> From: grzegorz.chodzi...@gmail.com
> To: qubes-users <qubes-users@googlegroups.com>
>
> W dniu środa, 13 września 2017 12:39:13 UTC+2 użytkownik Aaron Dough napisał:
>> These are my experiences with Qubes 4.0rc1 on a Tuxedo BU1406-notebook with
>> an i5-7200U-CPU and a NVMe-SSD. Some issues could be resolved (mostly using
>> this mailing list, thanks to anyone contributing!), others remain:
>>

>> 1. Resolved issues:
>>
>> 1.1 Unable to install Qubes in UEFI-Mode. Selecting "Install Qubes R4.0-rc1"
>> just loops back to the same menu.
>> Solution: creating an MBR and installing in Bios-Mode worked fine
>>
>> 1.2 After the installation, the notebook kept rebooting. I got into the GRUB
>> Boot Menu, but after selecting Qubes, it briefly showed the "Loading Xen...,
>> (Much like this guy describes. Maybe someone link him here? I can"t respond
>> to him, since I just subscribed...)
>> Solution: editing the menu-item and removing "iommu=no-igfx" in the
>> multiboot-line allowed my to start the system and update dom0. This update
>> then generated a new grub configuration file, which resolved the issue for
>> good. I did this three times now, the first two times it worked at once, the
>> last time I had to restart the update until I saw the "Generating grub
>> configuration file ..."-message (maybe the dom0-update-server could not be
>> reached at first?)
>>
>> 1.3 Sys-net could not be started. At first boot it showed me the
>> error-message "["/usr/bin/qvm-start", "sys-firewall"] failed: Start failed:
>> internal error: Unable to reset PCI device 0000:03:00.1: internal error:
>> Active 000:03:00.0 devices on bus with 000:03:00.1, not doing bus reset".
>> This was really about Sys-net, to which 03:00.1 was attached.
>> Workaround: Removing the 03:00.1 ethernet controller in the sys-net vm
>> settings worked, which means however that I don"t have Ethernet. I can live
>> with that for now. Blocklisting the card-reader as suggested here was not
>> tried yet.
>>
>> 2. Unresolved issues:
>>
>> 2.1 Touch-pad does not register taps as clicks. The physical buttons work
>> however, as does multitouch scrolling, so this is not critical. It is
>> strange though, as Fedora 25 is the base of dom0, and Fedora 25 itself has
>> no problems with the touchpad.
>>
>> 2.2 Standby is not working properly. This is the last dealbreaking issue
>> remaining.
>>
>> 2.2.1 With Sys-usb enabled, can"t unlock after Standby. I can go into
>> standby, but waking the notebook results in a blank screen. The
>> led-backlight comes up though.
>> Dirty Workaround: It looked like the keyboard and touch-pad did not
>> reconnect. I reinstalled with sys-usb disabled, which allowed me to unlock,
>> but lead to 2.2:
>>
>> 2.2.2 With Sys-usb disabled, Standby results in strange behavior when
> [...]

Thanks Yethal, but there doesn't seem to bee a pci_strictreset-property in
Qubes 4.0. Or am I mistaken somehow?

Another error that happened before, but only a few times now more often, so I
have to include it in the list of unresolved issues:

2.3 Most Qubes-commands don't work sometimes. Sometimes (more often than not
recently) Qubes boots into xfce, but the Qubes-specific trayicons don't come
up, vms don't start, selecting a Qubes-specific item in the menu doesn't do
anything, and when executing a Qubes-command in the command line an error is
displayed, that always looks something like this (example is qvm-ls):
"File "/usr/bin/qvm-ls", line 9, in <module>
load_entry_point('quhesadmin==4.0.4', 'console_scripts', 'qvm-ls')()
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubesadmin/app.py", line 460, in
qubesd_call
client_socket.connect(qubesadmin.config.QUBESD_SOCKET)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory"

This last part is always the same, so probably there's the problem. Again, this
doesn't happen everytime, and because of that I think this might resolve itself
in a later, more stable version of Qubes 4.