On 09/11/2017 01:37 PM, anguilla1...@gmail.com wrote:
I followed the tutorial here, specifically "Set up a ProxyVM as a VPN gateway using
iptables and CLI scripts"

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/vpn/

I like having the iptables anti-leak rules. However, it's connecting
automatically to my VPN providers destination that I downloaded their .ovpn for.

Is it possible to compile multiple locations and be able to select which one?

OR perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way? Should I instead use the GUI way
via NetworkManager? Can I configure that for multiple destination choices then
perhaps still add the iptables anti-leak rules?

What's the best way?

Thanks!

If all the VPN links are the same provider or have the same trust profile, then switching with a menu should be OK. But there is no "best" way;  It depends greatly on how you use the VPNs.

With the VPN doc scripts, you could move the contents of rc.local to a custom script in /rw/config so it isn't directly executed on startup. Then at the start of the script read all the ovpn files from /rw/config/vpn into an array and print that as a menu, then read input from the user. Next, link the chosen file to openvpn-client.ovpn.

You could start this script automatically from rc.local using 'systemd-run xterm ' etc.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://twitter.com/ttaskett