On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 11:31:33 PM UTC+2, Stanislav Serdyuk wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>

> I had working qubes OS, everything worked as it should, and then I installed
> ubuntu on separate partition 😞
>

> Ubuntu replaced Qubes bootloader with GRUB and now I cannot make Qubes
> working again
>

> Qubes OS is located on encrypted partition, I can see it when I am inserting
> Qubes Install USB (boot located on sda3)
>

> On qubes website I can see how to fix it if it's UEFI, but in my case it's in
> legacy boot
>

> I can load rescue mode, and it is locating qubes os on partition and I have
> ability to mount /mnt/sysimage
>

> I am not that professional to fix it further, I hope you can help me, please
> advise how to fix it.
>

> I would simply reinstall Qubes, but I have important files inside of old
> system.
>

> You are the great guys, and I really appreciate the work you are doing for us
> - simple users.
>

> Thank you
>

> And have a good day

Remember you make it at your own risk!

1)Install Qubes in other hard disk or partition (In this option before you do
anything clone your hard disk.).
2)In new Qubes create AppVMs on this same names, configurations and templates
as in old Qubes.
3)In new Qubes delete private.img for all AppVMs in folder
"/var/lib/qubes/appvms".
4)Copy private.img for all AppVMs in folder "/var/lib/qubes/appvms" from old
Qubes to new Qubes.

In the future remember to make a backup! You were very lucky that Ubuntu
installator did not overwrite your LUKS partition, because then it would be
"game over".