Hi all.

I assume this is relevant not only for considerations related to the
practical limit/benefit of increasing RAM in existing computers, but also
regarding the specifications when buying new computers.

- At the following amounts of RAM; 8GB -> 16GB -> 24GB -> 32GB -> 48GB ->
64GB, how much does the requirements for the graphics card memory increase
with each step, if we assume the normal/daily/"permanent" usage to be
70-80% of the available RAM?

This obviously depends on how many different VM's one has open, and how
much video memory each one needs, but can we make an assumption on some
sort of average number for this, to see if it is possible to find some kind
of rule-of-thumb figures?

For example, if we assume a "normal"(?!?) Qubes-OS user whose sole reason
for increasing memory is in fact to be able to run more Qubes
simultaneously; how many more Qubes can he/she expect to be running per
extra 8gb of RAM, and how much more will each such step "typically" require
of the graphics card memory, if we assume a "linear" growth in the number
of concurrently open Qubes?

I am guessing that with the capacity to run (increasingly) many Qubes, the
amount of applications running in each one will be lower, to the point
where we most often choose to run "one-app-qubes". For the sake of this
example we could also assume that this example user is a "lazy" person who
will not bother configuring minimal templates, but only use the default
shipped fedora-24(++) template for each one, just for the sake of
simplicity and playing around with these numbers a bit.

Regards,

@LeeteqXV

--
Regards,