On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 10:24:54AM -0400, 'One7two99' via qubes-users wrote:
> I've recently seen the window manager "awesome" in action which I haven't
> heard of before.I would like to give it a try on my Qubes 3.2 installation.

I've been using awesome for almost 10 years and when I switched to Qubes
half a year ago I wanted to continue using awesome, saw these instructions and
gave i3 a try. (Which is a simple as "sudo qubes-dom0-update
qubes-i3-settings",
logout, changing to i3 in the login manager and login in again.)

Half an hour later I was happily using i3 and half a day later I knew I would
stay with i3.

(The reason is mostly that i3 is soo much simpler to configure than awesome,
I also like shell much much better than lua.)

--
cheers,
        Holger