On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 4:39:40 AM UTC+8, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
> On 06/17/2016 04:11 AM, Drew White wrote:
> >

> > On Sunday, 15 May 2016 14:05:50 UTC+10, Jeremy Rand wrote:
> >
> >     FWIW, I think a legal argument could be made that such license
> >     agreements are anti-competitive and therefore unenforceable.
> >      However,
> >     I am unaware of any specific precedent for this argument, so it would
> >     indeed probably be unwise for ITL to violate the license agreement
> >     unless their goal is to win the inevitable lawsuit and thus achieve a
> >     beneficial precedent.  (And while that would be laudable, I would
> >     definitely not blame ITL if they decided that such activities are not
> >     worth their effort or budget.)
> >
> >     (And of course, I'm not a lawyer.)
> >

> > Well, in the end, I own a mac, It's not breaking any agreement or
> > anything for me wanting to run it.
>
> Yeah you are.  Check the licensing terms for the Mac OS X software that
> came with it.

FWIW - I have a MacBook Pro with OS X. I want to run qubes on my MacBook Pro,
and OS X inside qubes. OS X is the running on genuine Apple hardware. No
license agreements broken. Cheers.

I am not arguing that this is a good use case to work on for Qubes developers,
just saying that the license argument is untrue.

Sadly, getting Qubes to run on Apple hardware isn't super easy either.