On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 2:01 AM, '[799]' via qubes-users <
qubes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hello Tine,
>
> >> I would like to know if there are any plans for
> >> better Windows (10) support in the
> >> upcoming 4.X version?
>
> I have the same question regarding the future strategy for windows support:
>
> - will we see Windows 10 support in Qubes 3.2?
> (Not relevant as Qubes 3.2 will become EOL)
>
> - what about windows 7 and 10 support in Qubes 4.0?
>
> With "supported" I mean that we'll have Qubes Tools available and maybe
> the option to use seamless mode.
>
> In the past I read about Windows Support for windows 8.1 which I think is
> not relevant as most people run either Windows 7 or 10.
> Looking at my customers I have not a single customer who is running
> windows 8.x (for a good reason).
>
> To Qubes Dev's
> ============
> I really think the Qubes Dev-Team should be honest and transparent about
> Qubes Windows Support - maybe answering the question if they are working on
> this at all, or if Windows on Qubes is more like another project which is
> out of scope of the Qubes Dev Team as they are mainly focussing on the
> Qubes (Core) OS themselves (which I would totally understand).
>
> >> I really appreciate your work, but currently
> >> this is preventing me to use Qubes as the
> >> daily driver
>
> As you said I need to run windows for my daily workflow and would really
> like to do so in Qubes.
> I guess there are more users who work in Enterprise environments (as
> non-developers) where windows is basically the default OS where lots of
> applications are running.
> One example is that lots of my work is done on Outlook (Exchange 2016) and
> I have not been able to get this done with Linux.
>
> I think it would be good to know how many users are asking for windows on
> Qubes and maybe raise some funding so that a capable developer can work on
> this topic.
>
> [799]
>
> --
> msgid/qubes-users/akE3h9OJmfmidm58UyS7FxK0sCUVtgRK__X6rHkfGjTeIQhvEp-
> ac2FROHm42zpJw5VLDDEeAj6PiXJP4-IBerWOnS46Pmzv_FbRadShsg0%3D%
> 40protonmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/akE3h9OJmfmidm58UyS7FxK0sCUVtgRK__X6rHkfGjTeIQhvEp-ac2FROHm42zpJw5VLDDEeAj6PiXJP4-IBerWOnS46Pmzv_FbRadShsg0%3D%40protonmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

I strongly suspect there isn't any work going on as I never see replies
from qubes dev on Windows questions, and there are a lot of them. Or at
least it is tabled for now till 4.0 is done. Perhaps it would be nice to
open support of the code to the community rather than having the Qubes team
working on it exclusively?

--
Sent from my Desktop