Hi I found an interesting approach of having a small unikernel firewall,
that does not eat up too much RAM, especially useful for a laptop and also
as there is a different ip-stack than in Linux one has an advantage against
common errors:
(if there is a flaw in the linux kernel it affects sys-net and sys-firewall,
if there is a flaw in uni-kernel-firewall it only affects the firewall and if
there is a flaw in the kernel then it affects sys-net and not sys-firewall!)

look here for the project:
http://roscidus.com/blog/blog/2016/01/01/a-unikernel-firewall-for-qubesos/
https://github.com/talex5/qubes-mirage-firewall.git

would be nice to have the mirage-os based firewall as an install option,
by downloading a signed template with a tested mirage-os based firewall.

Is there anyone who has experience with it?
I would like to try it and help developing it further. Who else wants?

Cheers,

Ludwig