On 11/06/2017 01:28 AM, 'Marek Jenkins' via qubes-users wrote:

63xx/43xx is fine as long as you include a microcode update, you need to
use coreboot for those but it will do it automatically by default.
Is that only the case with Coreboot BIOS or also with the stock BIOS ?
Coreboot, not sure about the stock BIOS (it differs based on board revision)
I just told Holger I probably would postpone the installation of Coreboot,
because I have issues with compiling the ROM.
As long as you have the prerequisites installed it should work with the
default config.
I know that I won't have problems with flashing the BIOS chip myself - my main problem is
getting the settings right in the Coreboot config console (i am using "$ make
nconfig" to compile).

But I am overwhelmed by all the settings. E.g. which payload (Seabios,
GRUB2,etc) to use and which other settings for the KGPE-D16 ?
SeaBIOS for beginners, other then that you don't need to mess with
anything the default settings are fine.
So if that would be solved, I might definitely consider to use Coreboot in the
near future.

Hi, I just saw you pretty much answered all questions I had regarding Coreboot
and its setup for KGPE-D16. I didn't see you already posted here at the time of
writing my reply in the other thread. So in other words, you don't really need
to go into great detail again in the other thread - I think I am good !

Maybe I get back to you in case I want to add any security features (AEM) to
Coreboot.
You would need to enable TPM support in menuconfig and buy a compatible TPM module.
  But for now, I will start to test it with basic settings.