On 11/11/2017 07:54 AM, Yuraeitha wrote:
On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 12:23:28 PM UTC, JPL wrote:
For some reason the debian template didn't install when I installed Qubes, even
though I selected it. No matter I thought, I'll do it manually.

However following the instructions here:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/debian/

namely:

[user@dom0 ~]$ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-debian-8

I get "Nothing to do. Complete"

qvm-ls reveals that debian-8 is absent.

Is this instruction out of date or do I need to enable something first? Any
tips appreciated.
The template re-install is currently broken, and requires fixing in a future
patch. I've had/seen mixed results with the plain template install too (rather
than re-install), so I suspect it's at least partly broken too? Either way it's
not you, this is something that likely needs patch fixing. Possibly you can
re-install Qubes and hope debian installs (sometimes work?, see below), or you
could try move debian from one of your 3.2. backup archives, and then update it
in Qubes 4 (hope for the best that the 3.2. template Qubes tools won't get in
the way).

Occasionally the template install goes wrong.

The first thing to try is 'sudo dnf remove qubes-template-debian-8' to get the package out of there.

Another option is trying the current Debian release, version 9. There is one issue (2913) where it takes 90sec to boot, but this should be corrected soon and its easy to fix: After 90sec run a terminal and enter 'sudo rm /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/wpa_supplicant@.service'. (Make sure you include the at-sign.)

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket