First of all, thanks a lot Yuraeitha and tai...@gmx.com, your help is truly
appreciated.

@Yuraeitha

Concerning support for the required features for Qubes 4.x, AMD - unlike Intel
- doesn't segment their market by removing certain features, and AMD-V and
AMD-Vi are fortunately present and supported in most of their CPUs. The problem
however is whether the motherboard/bios/... support those features. And that's
why I'm asking to see whether an owner of an AMD based laptop (with no PSP) got
Qubes 4.0-rc2 working as intended.

Now, concerning performance: I only do some web dev work so there's nothingĀ
fancy about my performance needs. Also I do plan to upgrade the RAM to 16Go as
well as buy an SSD.

> For this chip, does it have the privacy invasive blob? or is it without?

It doesn't have AMD's PSP, I used "pre-2013" to mean before or at 2013 :)

@tai...@gmx.com

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, based on some forum posts on their support it
seems that AMD-V is supported with the proprietary BIOS[1] but I could find
nothing about AMD-Vi, and this HCL report didn't test for AMD-Vi support with
the proprietary BIOS[2].

[1] :
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/enable-amd-v-support-for-G505S/td-p/1496428

[2] : https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/5dwZt4xANpA/0a8VkMQlaQYJ