On Nov 12, 2017 17:18, "Yuraeitha" <yuraei...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 7:52:10 PM UTC, Francesco wrote:
> After last dom0 update it properly restarted but gave some qubes manager
errors.

> Second restart keeps restarting on a loop Every time giving the enclosed
screen.

> Best
> Fran

I'd suspect you can probably bypass it by selecting your old kernel before
the update. I've had that issue a few times my self on Qubes and various
other Linux systems. If you run Grub,

Many thanks. Sorry for the late reply. Only now I am seeing your post and
replying with a cellphone because computer does not start. How may I run
Grub if the computer does not start?

then instead select "Advanced" and go in and select the second kernel
instead of the top one (which is the newly installed and now default
kernel).
The lowest kernel is the one installed before the one that worked before.
Qubes saves up to 3 kernels by default, if needed it can be extended
indefinitely, but 3 is usually enough.

If you installed Qubes over EFI/UEFI instead of Legacy BIOS,

I remember installed it over Legacy BIOS

then

you'll need to pick a live boot medium, or use the Qubes installer to enter
rescue mode,

Understand that thanks. I will try Monday when back home where do have the
Qubes installer. But may I run Grub with a Qubes installer?

and then navigate to your /boot/efi/'somewhere here abouts' and find your
xen.cfg file. In this file you can edit which kernel EFI boot mode should
boot with.

If any of the associated kernel/module updates broke something else, like
for example a hardware like Wifi/networking, then it becomes much more
tricky. It's often, in my experence at least, typically easy to recover
from bad kernels and at least boot it up. The question is more, if
something else stopped working too, albeit in my experience it's typically
enough to just pick the last kernel.

Hope so

Also, if you succesfully get into Qubes again, then I'd recommend you
increase your max saved kernels with 'sudo nano /etc/dnf/dnf.conf' and
locate the line called Installonly_limit=3 to 5 or abouts.

The reasoning for this, is because if another future kernel upgrade also
fails, then you'll get no more chances of easy recovery if all working
kernels were automatically deleted during the update. If you set it to 5,
it'll then save 5 kernels.

Got it. Thanks

Just be sure your kernel partition has enough disk space to house older
kernels associated with the number of kernels you choose to save.

Which is the name of kernel partition?