On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 01:04:39PM +0100, evo wrote:

> Am 26.11.2017 um 00:58 schrieb awokd:
> > On Sat, November 25, 2017 16:46, evo wrote:
> >
> >> I have connected a webcam and i see it via lsusb on sys-usb. I also can
> >> use it with "cheese" programm on the sys-usb-VM. But how can i forward
> >> it to webcam-VM and use it there??
> >
> > Many webcams can be used over USB proxy. From dom0, enter "qvm-usb" with
> > the webcam connected. You should see a list of available USB devices,
> > including the webcam. From there, you'd enter "qvm-usb -a webcam-VM
> > sys-usb:12.3". Use the correct name for your VM and sys-usb:device
> > identifier for your webcam.
> >
> > See https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/usb/ for more instructions.
> >

> Hey! Thanks!
> i installed qubes-usb-proxy on the webcam-VM and tried to attach it
> there, but i get this error: "device attach failed: Invalid speed received"
>
> find nothing about such error in the docs.

Which Qubes version are you using?

What's the device you are trying to use?
Can you provde more information?

This is an error that has been reported before and there's an open
ticket on qubes issues.
It seems to be device and circumstance dependent. (e.g an android in
debug mode throws this error but the same device NOT in debug mode
attaches properly.)