On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 14:18:44 CET cooloutac wrote:
> Of course many feel Qubes is for more advanced users,  and apparently that
> will become a self fulfilling prophecy in version 4.

Looking at the (lack of) UI tools at this time, you can be excused thinking
this. I personally think its a focus issue. The core devs are good at
security, and that is where their focus is.
The people behind Qubes don't have to focus on usability, though. They can
focus on an awesome core while others focus on tooling.

I'd love to help write some great user interfaces that improve upon the
Qubes supplied ones (which is a low bar), and do that in an open source
manner which help improve the usability for everyone.
As long as I don't have to use python, so the only thing we really need is a
good interface which is language-agnostic.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io