On Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 8:44:25 AM UTC-6, Ted Brenner wrote:
> I've run a cpu miner for monero but only gotten ~100H/s. Was also curious if
> it would be possible to use VTd to use gpus.
>

> On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 6:52 AM,  <ro...@tuta.io> wrote:
> Curious if anyones gotten this to work.
>

> --

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/c34b7bc2-4ee6-40e1-867c-895105ef6a69%40googlegroups.com.

> --
>
> Sent from my Desktop

Disclaimer: I've never done this.

Sounds like you'd have to set up "GPU Passthrough" for mining to be worthwhile
on Qubes. Here is a little info
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/qubes-users/passthrough/qubes-users/cmPRMOkxkdA/gIV68O0-CQAJ

I could be mistaken, but the reason Qubes has trouble with GPU is because it
breaks some of the trust provided by the VM separation. If you've got to weaken
your secure OS to mine coins, then why not just use another machine to do it
and keep your secure OS secure?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about GPU passthrough weakening overall
security.