On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 5:08:55 PM UTC, jer...@disroot.org wrote:
> I first used a konsole, using the guide on qubes's site "Using and Managing
> USB Devices"
> 1. Enable sys-usb
>
> using the command sudo qubesctl top.enable qvm.sys-usb
> 2. Apply the configuration:
> using the command sudo qubesctl state.highstate
>
> then it froze, restarted system, and when in passphrase entering the
> encryption code, keyboard didn't work, but when i press a button it
> highlights the num button, and if i hold any button on keyboard the num
> highlight is turned on, when i release the light is off...
>
> i reinstalled qubes choosing manual partition (not the automatic), i'm
> un-sure if i deleted or damaged my data.. (see note below)
> now it still doesn't boot qubes, keyboard works on passphrase encryption of
> disk, but when it's loaded, it gets stuck, if i click alt+tab it counts some
> numbers and says unlimited.
>
> note: i still think i have the data, maybe, i have something like
> luks-23232-f-sdf-saf-sad-sa-ds and also dom0-root-00 something (not accurate
> name)

I believe a solution now that you already semi-reinstalled once, could be to go
in and manually retrieve your VM's from a live media boot (if you didn't
already delete them), i.e. using any other Linux live distribution. Salvage
your '/var/lib/qubes/' folder, where all your VM data resides. I.e. copy it to
another drive.

But preferably another disconnectable drive or external drive, just in case the
fedora bug that affects other partitions during install is still there in
fedora 25 for Qubes 4 (I'm not sure if it is, I know it's present in fedora 23
which Qubes 3.2 is based on).

basically, make a fresh install after salvage, and then drag and drop the
specific VM content img files, in new fresh created VM's for the specific
purpose, overwriting the new empty img files with your old ones. Then it
"should" work. Mind you, "should", as in, I believe so, but not certain.

Finally, you might want confirmation from someone who actually did this before,
or someone who knows the system better than me. This is what I would do as a
last resort, last ditch attempt to save my data, if I were in a situation that
I could not recover from. I have not done it before my self, so I cannot
confirm if it works. But hypothetically, it should.