On 12/18/2017 10:02 AM, Michael Carbone wrote:
On 12/18/2017 09:15 AM, donoban wrote:
On 12/18/2017 03:10 PM, donoban wrote:
First:
- Block all traffic and whitelist your DNS provider IP with sys-firewall
(you should connect your VPN-VM to sys-firewall). For riseup and bitmask
you should permit some ip's.

Also consider disabling ICMP and DNS queries

Then:
The solution is edit /etc/resolv.conf to the default gw of the tunnel.
Try 'sudo route -n' and see the gateway which uses tun0 interface.

After editing /etc/resolv.conf you have to run:

'sudo /usr/lib/qubes/qubes-setup-dnat-to-ns'

for doing it effective.

FYI this is the issue I created to try to collect clear instructions for
Bitmask users:

the ticket is still open and once clear documentation is created we can
push it to the website.

Unfortunately the connection process is all controlled by the leap client app, and there is no obvious place to add Qubes-specific lines of code.

But since that issue was logged there has been a lot of bitmask documentation added to their site. I'll ask them about adding Qubes support directly to their client.

In the meantime, leaks are still an issue if you have to manually run a script like qubes-setup-dnat-to-ns after a connection goes up. The best stopgap may be to block direct forwarding in the proxyVM with:

iptables -I FORWARD -i eth0 -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD -o eth0 -j DROP

Put these lines in /rw/config/qubes-firewall-user-script and make it executable. On Qubes R4.0-rc you may have to do this for it to work:
ln -s /rw/config/qubes-firewall-user-script /rw/config/qubes-ip-change-hook

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket