On Sun, December 24, 2017 9:04 am, Kushal Das wrote:
> Hi,
>

> My sys-firwall is stuck at the boot time (with no limit) 4.0rc3
> (updated). Is there anyway to boot
> into dom0 without starting any other vm? Then I can remove and create the
> sys-firewall vm again (or if there is any easy way to recreate the vm). My
> primary Qubes laptop is not usable state thanks to this issue. Any tips to
> solve this will be a big help.

It's not very elegant but this should work:

Boot from your Qubes install media
Troubleshooting
Rescue a Qubes system
1
Enter
chroot /mnt/sysimage
nano /var/lib/qubes/qubes.xml
look for the line with name="sys-net", it will probably start with QubesNetVm
change name="sys-net" to name="sys-net2"
ctrl-x, y to save changes, Enter
exit
reboot
remove Qubes install media
boot into Qubes normally
start a dom0 terminal
nano /var/lib/qubes/qubes.xml
go through that same line again and delete the "2" off the end of
"sys-net". it will have been added in multiple places automatically so
make sure to review the entire line and delete the "2" anywhere it got
added
ctrl-x, y to save changes, Enter
you should now be in dom0 with no started VMs