On 01/03/2018 10:09 PM, 'Tom Zander' via qubes-devel wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> during my Christmas holiday I spent more time to get myself a
> decent GUI tool in order to replace the Qubes Manager from the 3.x
> release. As I promised some weeks ago, today I released the tool as
> free/open source software and I have received some positive signs
> that the Qubes devs may ship packages in a future release.

> I'll attach two sceenshots of the tool, to give you a bit of an
> idea of what it already does and maybe if its worth your time to
> compile :)

Probably this is very subjective, but:
For me, the most important parts/feature of the current Qubes Manager
are (in order of importance):

- - Full overview of the state of the VMs in ONE screen, without clicking.
The new widget is failing on this badly, just as your proposal.

- - Changing the NetVM of a given VM.
Mainly because I always starting DispVMs without net access.
And even the current solution is far from comfortable:
(VM settings -> NetVM selection -> OK
instead of a simple "oneclick" NetVM selection)

- - Starting programs from a given VM.
Yes the "start menu" is nice, but sometime it is just more powerful to
type directly what I want. Especially on an already started dispVM

- - start/stop VMs

- - attaching/detaching devices.

- - reading VM logs.

Probably these are only my personal preferences. Hence I have no time
to write a new manager for the Qubes 4.x I just shared my use case.
Feel free to ignore them if you don't like 'em ;)

- --
Zrubi