On Sun, Jan 07, 2018 at 12:45:58PM -0800, Roy Bernat wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 January 2018 22:30:39 UTC+2, Andrew David Wong  wrote:
> >
> > On 2018-01-07 12:48, Roy Bernat wrote:
> > > Hi All ,
> > >
> > > What is the best practice to trim disk inside qubes 4 .
> > >
> > > the qvm-trim-template dont exist anymore .

> > You can use the `fstrim` command in the TemplateVM:
> >
> > $ sudo fstrim -v /
>
> Hi
>
> fstrim: /: the discard operation is not supported

Strange, it should work. And on my system it works...

Anything special in your configuration? Have you chosen non standard
partitioning or such?
Maybe you don't have LVM thin based storage? You can check that for the
template using (adjust template name):

    qvm-volume ls fedora-26

The storage pool used will be in the first column, for example:

    POOL:VOLUME                           VMNAME     VOLUME_NAME
REVERT_POSSIBLE
    linux-kernel:4.9.56-21                fedora-26  kernel       No
    lvm:qubes_dom0/vm-fedora-26-private   fedora-26  private      No
    lvm:qubes_dom0/vm-fedora-26-root      fedora-26  root         No
    lvm:qubes_dom0/vm-fedora-26-volatile  fedora-26  volatile     No

Here you see "lvm" pool.

If you want, you can dig further: qvm-pool -i lvm

    name          lvm
    driver        lvm_thin
    size          486585401344
    thin_pool     pool00