On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 2:35:28 PM UTC-5, Chris Laprise wrote:
> On 01/09/2018 05:17 AM, Roy Bernat wrote:

> >> AMD is affected by the SP1/SP2/Spectre as well as Intel and ARM.
> >
> > So he can not dance :)
> >

>  From my recollection of AMD statements:
>
> SP1: Very hard to exploit on any CPU
>
> SP2: Much harder to exploit on AMD than Intel
>
> SP3/Meltdown: AMD not affected
>
> --
>
> Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
> https://github.com/tasket
> https://twitter.com/ttaskett
> PGP: BEE2 20C5 356E 764A 73EB  4AB3 1DC4 D106 F07F 1886

that sounds correct based on what I have read.  At first AMD claimed it was not
effected but it seems as time went on and it was looked at more carefully that
has changed.  Still I will take more difficult.  As AMD has such a small share
of processor space it makes it a lower target sort of how Apple use to be to
windows and linux still is although not like it use to be.  So really with a
qubes WS the main issue would be SP2 mitigation.

Amazing this has been an issue for 10yrs.