On 01/11/2018 01:35 PM, Unman wrote:

I failed miserably to get anything running for 4.0-rc2, so that target
has shifted now.

I should be posting updated 3.2 images in the next few days.

unman,

Given your difficulty in getting 4.0-rc2 to run, what is the possibility of creating a DVD that merely checks the system for the proper BIOS, chipset, and other features needed to support a full 4.0 system?

It seems to me that with the tightening constraints slated for 4.0, just having a way to do a quick test of the system hardware before installing would be a wonderful tool for the community at large. If one could simply boot from a DVD and get some kind of a HCL report, of what "necessary" vs desired features needed to support 4.0 that did not work, then that could potentially save many people grief from wiping a working system only to find out their hardware will not adequately support it.

If booting your DVD works as a test before upgrade this would be a really good thing to have. Please do keep us advised as to your progress on the 4.0 system capability. Having that as a tool would be awesome.

thanks,

Steve

unman