>> so people saying the intel meltdown bios patch slows performance.  I got an
>> increase in performance lmao.  probably depends on os though.
>
> but also in my particular case they also addressed other bugs,   but intel
> pushed the bios patch for meltdown,  so worth a check from your boards
> manufacturer site.

When I download the (in my case with HP a win exe) BIOS update file, it
contains the "real" bios update (the .BIN file) and some other crap. The
only way to avoid tampered downloads seems to download it several times,
via tor and some other independent sources & to compare them. I guess
you all do that?

HP does not seem to deliver pgp signatures afaik. But they do ship some
signature files. Is someone aware of how checking these manually? Bernhard