On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 1:19:18 PM UTC+1, Vincent Adultman wrote:
> IIUC this still seems fairly awful from a usability perspective if we think
> of the added cognitive load of watching what is running when and remembering
> or making choices on what to close / restart when (I'm reading between the
> lines and guessing this has had something to do with decision on
> reintroduction of Qubes manager?).

It is just temporary countermeasure. Actually, Qubes was not designed with
Meldown in mind. In fact, no OS was. The countermeasures are rather the best we
can do until it gets fixed than something that shoul be smooth and user
friendly.

IMHO it is just a coincidence that Qubes Manager was reintroduced those days.

Regards,
Vít Šesták 'v6ak'