As far as I understand it, microcode update cannot fix it. It just brings some
new instructions that can be used for Spectre fix. (But they don't help on
their own.)

You can try to update your BIOS if it is well supported by your vendor. Mine is.

Alternatively, you can try to update microcode via Xen. (In fact, the new
microcode is loaded on every boot, because CPU has no persistent storage for
that. It should be loaded in early stage of boot.*) Xen has some documentation,
it would be probably enough to use some Linux package and add something like
“ucode=scan” to Xen parameters:
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/XenParavirtOps/microcode_update

Regards,
Vít Šesták 'v6ak'

*) Some μcode updates can be loaded even runtime, but this is not so general
and I don't recommend it. As far as I understand, the result of runtime
patching might vary on what instructions have been used before the attempt to
patch it, so you could end up with some race condition.