On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 3:57:50 PM UTC+1, Andrew David Wong wrote:
> ## Qubes 3.2
>
> For Qubes 3.2, we plan to release an update that will make almost all
> VMs run in a fully-virtualized mode. Specifically, we plan to backport
> PVH support from Qubes 4.0 and enable it for all VMs without PCI
> devices. After this update, all VMs that previously ran in PV mode (and
> that do not have PCI devices) will subsequently run in PVH mode, with
> the exception of stub domains. Any HVMs will continue to run in HVM
> mode.

Is this the shim-based approach from XSA-254?
Then it should be made clear that the VM's will be more vulnerable to Meltdown:
"Note this shim-based approach prevents attacks on the host, but leaves
the guest vulnerable to Meltdown attacks by its own unprivileged
processes; this is true even if the guest OS has KPTI or similar
Meltdown mitigation."
https://xenbits.xen.org/xsa/xsa254/README.which-shim