On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 17:36:00 UTC, Krišjānis Gross  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build a custom installation .iso. I have an issue that I have
> purchased a new set of hardware that does not work with the current builds of
> qubes. I am trying to build the most updated version with hope that it could
> work.
>
> I am running a Fedora linux and trying to build with these instructions:
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/building-archlinux-template/
>
> I use the ./setup to create the installation configuration.
>
> make install-deps goes fine.
> make get-sources goes smooth as well
>
> but I get an error when running the mage qubes command.
> Here is what I get:
>
> [krish@localhost qubes-builder]$ make qubes
> Currently installed dependencies:
> git-2.14.3-2.fc27.x86_64
> rpmdevtools-8.10-3.fc27.noarch
> rpm-build-4.14.0-2.fc27.x86_64
> createrepo-0.10.3-12.fc27.noarch
> debootstrap-1.0.92-1.fc27.noarch
> dpkg-dev-1.18.24-3.fc27.noarch
> python2-sh-1.12.14-2.fc27.noarch
> dialog-1.3-10.20170509.fc27.x86_64
> dpkg-dev-1.18.24-3.fc27.noarch
> debootstrap-1.0.92-1.fc27.noarch
> PyYAML-3.12-5.fc27.x86_64
> make[1]: Entering directory '/home/krish/qubes-builder'
> -> Preparing fc25 build environment
> -> Initializing RPM database...
> -> Retreiving core RPM packages...
> -> Verifying signatures...
> Filename:
> /home/krish/qubes-builder/cache/fc25/base_rpms/acl-2.2.52-13.fc25.x86_64.rpm
> is not signed.  Exiting!
> make[1]: ***
> [/home/krish/qubes-builder/qubes-src/builder-fedora/Makefile.fedora:86:
> /home/krish/qubes-builder/chroot-fc25/home/user/.prepared_base] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/krish/qubes-builder'
> make: *** [Makefile:224: vmm-xen-dom0] Error 1
>

> Does anyone has an idea of what I do wrong or how to resolve this?
> I have attached the builder.conf file that I have.

> Maybe the downloaded rpm is wrong? Did you try to remove it from cache
and force it to download again?

Yes, I tried the whole process multiple times.
 - Tried cleaning the qubes-builder/cache folder.
 - Tried other versions of fedora and got similar error. e.g. starting with
/cache/fc23

> Also, did you download the keys and mark as trusted, or did .setup do it
> for you? See the first few steps here:
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/building-archlinux-template/
>
> There's a rumor rc4 may be out soon.

Yes, I did that and I think that I did it correctly. Could post more details if
you think this could be the root cause.

looking forward for the RC4 :)