On 2018-01-24 15:12, Andrew David Wong wrote:

> On 2018-01-24 16:14, yreb...@riseup.net wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> So... there are packages *to be released *at some undefined point
>> in the near future? -- The following packages contain the patches
>> described above:
>>
>> - Xen packages, version 4.6.6-36 --
>>
>> via the normal dom0 update process ?   would be nice to see it in
>> simple English
>>

> Sorry! We forgot to include our usual patching instructions. I've just
> created a pull request [1] to have this added to the QSB:
>
> ```
> The specific packages that contain the XPTI patches for Qubes 3.2 are
> as follows:
>
>   - Xen packages, version 4.6.6-36
>
> The packages are to be installed in dom0 via the Qubes VM Manager or via
> the qubes-dom0-update command as follows:
>
>   For updates from the stable repository (not immediately available):
>   $ sudo qubes-dom0-update
>
>   For updates from the security-testing repository:
>   $ sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-security-testing
>
> A system restart will be required afterwards.
>
> These packages will migrate from the security-testing repository to the
> current (stable) repository over the next two weeks after being tested
> by the community.

1)
The latter (security) packages will migrate, I'd assume this means ?

2)
Where would I find the repositories in dom0 for the track I'm currently
using?

3)
after doing the 1x securitytesting repo update, how do I check which Xen
package is now installed?         and/or  how do I bring up the  GUI
update manager  when it doesn't actually need to update it doesn't
persist

cc: thelist