Thanks for the lenghty response! Indeed the errors were python-code related,
but it turns out the problem was in the sys-net domain not starting correctly
because of the card reader, which was seemingly seen as a network adapter. Now
that I fixed that everything seems to work properly and I'm loving it.
One last thing: I set qubes to update packages over tor. I immediately
regretted
the decision. Is there a way to download update w/o Tor?
Regards