On 2018-01-24 23:20, awokd wrote:
> On Thu, January 25, 2018 2:17 am, yreb...@riseup.net wrote:
>> On 2018-01-24 15:12, Andrew David Wong wrote:
>

>>> These packages will migrate from the security-testing repository to the
>>>  current (stable) repository over the next two weeks after being tested
>>>  by the community.
>>

>> 1)
>> The latter (security) packages will migrate, I'd assume this means ?
>
> Yes, this is the standard model for deploying all updates including
> security. They appear in testing first for bleeding edge users, then
> stable for everyone. Sometimes bugs are found in the testing phase causing
> the package to be pulled, so unless you are comfortable rolling back
> packages yourself you should leave it on stable.
>
>> 2)
>> Where would I find the repositories in dom0 for the track I'm currently
>> using?
>
> If you haven't changed it manually, you are on stable.
>
>> 3)
>> after doing the 1x securitytesting repo update, how do I check which Xen
>> package is now installed?
>
> In dom0, "dnf list installed".
>
>> and/or  how do I bring up the  GUI
>> update manager  when it doesn't actually need to update it doesn't persist
>
> No GUI, but in dom0 you can force it to check for updates with "sudo
> qubes-dom0-update". Might not be following your question here.

Mostly, got it.  Just the one item I'm unsure about.  @URL:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/software-update-dom0/

it mentions:
--
To temporarily enable any of these repos, use the
--enablerepo=<repo-name> option. Example commands:

sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-current-testing
sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-security-testing
sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-unstable

To enable or disable any of these repos permanently, change the
corresponding boolean in /etc/yum.repos.d/qubes-dom0.repo.
--

*by this if I ran sudo qubes-dom0-update
--enablerepo=qubes-dom0-security-testing        *once,  I take it , that