Thanks for the support! Altough right now I'm not planning on using a VPN so I
might look at that in the future.
I'm sorry I probably still can't understand how updates work in Qubes: I set
the updateVM to sys-firewall as you said, I tried running sudo yum update in
the fedora template and it still runs through TOR. I see a
package updater utility in system tools, but it hasn't got internet since it's
in dom0 so I can't do anything from that. If I try updating from sys-firewall
directly, it only updates that specific VM. Also, I don't know how to update
the whonix VM, since Tor can't run because it isn't up to date.
Sorry for my noobyness. Have a great day