On Sun, January 28, 2018 5:26 pm, ludwig jaffe wrote:
> Hi some systems got too big and now my dom0 is full.
>

> data panic (disc full) / want to mount nas with nfs and backup all in
> /var/lib/cubes
>

> In a normal system I would setup an insulated air gap network and take a
> big nas server mount nfs to the root-fs of dom0 and say as root cp -a
> /var/lib/cubes /net/nas/bck.
> And then I would clean up and remove some VMs with rm -rf as I could undo
> it when I got the VMs booted and cleaned of all the shit that got
> downloaded.
>
> Now I can not connect the dom0 to a nic.
> Is there a trick to do it?
> booting a rescue linux from a stick would be a way but I first want to try
>  using qubes-os and changing a thing in the configs.

4.0? I think the "Qubes way" would be to boot from your install media,
pick Rescue mode, and get enough free space to be able to boot the full
system. 3.2 I guess you'd have to use a live image; can't remember if
there's a rescue mode.

I honestly can't tell you how you'd go about attaching a NIC to dom0. USB
might be an easier choice, but same there- not something I've ever looked
into!