On Saturday, 27 January 2018 18:14:23 CET billol...@gmail.com wrote:
> First, while KDE seems to be working well, I noticed that I can't download
> and install new themes, widgets, etc. through the KDE GUI.  It can't
> connect to the KDE server.  I'm assuming that this is because dom0
> doesn't actually have a network connection (which I think I read
> somewhere).  It's not the end of the world for me to download the stuff
> from kde.org and install it from file, but it's more convenient to use
> the gui interface.  What I need to know is if it is possible or should I
> move on and just do it by hand.

The AdminVM (dom0) indeed has no network, the reason for this is that it is
the one completely trusted place.
I would advice against installing anything you downloaded from KDE directly,
as that basically works around all the security you get by running qubes in
the first place.

> Second, I really liked that convention in the default window manager for
> having a different color for the title bar for each domain.  That got
> lost when I moved to KDE, though the domain is still *listed* in the
> title bar.  I know how to set colors in kwin on an application by
> application basis, but I don't know how to do it on a domain basis.  Is
> there a mechanism for that in KDE?

This got readded in a recent update in the 'testing' repo, but only on the
default window-manager decorations called Breeze.

So make sure you are up-to-date and make sure you are using Breeze.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io