On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 06:52:12PM -0800, Tim W wrote:
> Also when I ran setup script it required PyYaml and that was also shown
> in https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/qubes-builder/ Building Qubes From Scratch
>
> Then you have the build directions that there is notes to follow the
> Archlinux directions for using the builder tools and they do not have them
> but then it includes python.sh rather than python2.sh .  The latter is
> definitely needed.
>
> Then finally in the README.md file in the qubes-builder which you are
> directed to read it has you install perl-open but not dpkg-dev debootstrap
> and a few others.  So we are basically given directions to go to at least 3
> different places that all have from slightly different to completely
> different instructions for building qubes.
>
> IMHO for the advanced user who wants to build qubes from source the ./setup
> script is by far the easiest to follow as it being a all inclusive script
> handles many steps for you in a nice basic gui.  Issue is we need to have
> some very basic steps of what will work with each OS version.  It would only
> take 10-15 min to update a markup page for each os.  Everything is there
> except what works with what OS and frankly that's all in terms of
> instructions that should have to change ever in qubes current xen based
> format.  If a dev could even just post a list of what templates work with the
> version in the group I or others can easily update the doc page.  I have
> helped in that area before as its one area IMO any and all qubes users can
> help out with and give back to the project.

afaik the current instructions on the website are targeted to Fedora 26,
the currently supported version, and should be complete.
The archlinux instructions are quite out of date and the README definitely
needs to be updated.
I'm not sure what you mean by OS version, or most of your last
paragraph. Can you clarify?